To have a greater impact on the quality of people’s daily lives, we need social and economic growth that includes all levels of society (Inclusive growth). This can only be achieved if the public- and private sectors combine their strengths, to bridge the gap between governmental policies and public service delivery.
IMPEC specializes in effective and efficient governance and public service delivery. Different than most consultancy companies (whom work with company-employed advisors), IMPEC works with a selected ‘IMPEC expertise team’ consisting of representatives from various governmental agencies, universities, public- and private sectors. Working with a varied composition is a highly effective approach to achieve the independent and collective progress that governments aim to achieve.
SHARING GOOD EXAMPLES
The “IMPEC solution” is based on the principle of ‘sharing good examples’.
People can learn from each other by sharing good examples within different policy areas such as; education, trade & industry, foreign affairs, agriculture, health, treasury, human settlement and security & safety. And by doing so, finding a roadmap to achieve better public service delivery. Our goal is to expand the ‘IMPEC solution’ to other countries that have identified similar needs for bridging the gap between government policies and public service delivery. Our solutions are ‘driven by performance’.
- Evaluation: “How to assess the social-economic impacts of government policies?”Rather than developing new methodologies, we connect existing data (collection methods) into a clearly legible and useful overview, which policy-makers can employ as input for implementing new and more successful policies.
- Education: “A roadmap toward excellent performance”From the evaluation results, we develop a roadmap that can be used as a step-by-step guide on how to become an example of excellent public service delivery.Our education program includes both online (e-governance) and off-line (master-class) education tools.
- Communication: “Sharing examples of good governance and citizen service delivery”. Celebrating successes and sharing them with others. Utilizing examples in which things are already working, is a positive approach that motivates departments to celebrate and exchange successful policies.
- South Africa : delegation of the European parliament visit DPME and IMPEC in South Africa.
- Netherlands: keynote speakers: Ismail Akhalwaya and Carlo Bakker
- ￼South Africa: Interview: The Ministry of Accountability
- Netherlands: Interview: Dutch Ministry of Finance (in Dutch)
- IMPEC hosts a meeting with a delegation from the South African Department of Trade and Industry